Another Perfect Weekend - 10/9/2016 Game Recaps

First Team

Despite having the wind at their back for the first half, the Kickers first team got off to a slow start before creating several chances right before halftime through Hayden, Louis and Brian. The Kickers got the scoring started when Thinnus poked a loose ball home from five yards out. Going into the stiff wind in the second half, the Kickers expected to do a lot of defending for the remainder of the game. With just 15 minutes left in the game, a misplayed header was gathered by an opposing attacker who would rifle a shot off the post and in to tie the game at 1-1. Luckily, the Kickers would push forward and earn a corner, which Mike Morozuk sent in to be volleyed home by Hayden, giving the lead back to the Kickers. With a bit of breathing room, the Kickers found a way to get a final goal when Gio slipped a ball between two defenders to Hayden, who found his brother Brian in the middle of the box where he passed the ball into the corner of the net and capped off a 3-1 win against CIFC in tough conditions.

Second Team

The Kickers reserves beat an under-manned CIFC 4-0. DJ, Seamus, Danny and Mike Kahn scored the goals. The Kickers reserves played with confidence throughout much of the game, moving the ball well and continuing to come together as a unit.

Over-30 Premier

Kickers Premier defeated Megas Alexandros 1-nil. The game could have been won by a greater margin had the Kickers not started the game with nine men. Antonio, Jared and Eric stepped up for the squad and Stu would arrive just before halftime to reinforce the roster. With 11 players, the Kickers took control of the match. Khouri Mullings drew a penalty in the 70th minute and Adrian Hasko converted to give the Kickers the lead. The defense and goalkeeper Mike Fitzgerald were tested on a few late strikes from Megas but the team held on for the much-needed victory.

Over-30 Legends

Legends continued their winning streak with a 4-0 defeat of under-manned SC Eintracht O-30s. Goals came from Gilad, DJ, Scotti, and an Eintracht own goal. However, the game abruptly came to an end at 55th minute when the second game ball was kicked into the East Hudson, and there were no other balls available.